3 Exercises to Easily Perform at Home
Since we are all spending more time at home, it is probably time to take action by working out at home. Working out at home can be fun and also beneficial, both for physical performance and psychological well-being. Biofreeze Cyprus is here to provide you with 3 easy exercises to perform at home, even if you are a beginner or an advanced level fitness enthusiast.
Bent Knee Push-Up
Works: Arms (triceps), Chest, Shoulders
Bent Knee Push-Ups is a really good starting point for strengthening the muscles of your core since is beneficial for strengthening and maintaining strength. Push-Ups are one of the most fundamental exercises that no one should leave out of their workout.
- Starting position: lie face-down on an exercise mat (or floor) and bring your feet together behind you
- Place your hands flat on the mat (or floor) at chest height, shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your fingers pointing forward, and position yourself either on your knees.
- Bend your elbows out to the side, lowering your upper body.
- Squeeze your chest as you push back up (be sure not to lock your elbows at the top).
- Keep your torso – including your lower back and abs – and head aligned with your spine, without letting your middle sag.
- Perform 3 sets of 10-15 repeats each.
If you feel that you can increase the level of difficulty try the straight-legs Push-Ups, which is performing the exercise on your toes with straight legs.
Single Leg Stance
This easy-to-perform exercise mainly works your abs, but it can also improve your balance and strengthen your legs. Therefore, it is a good exercise for working out more than one muscles at once.
- Starting position: stand with both feet together or a few inches apart. Keep your upper body in a straight position, bend your knees slightly
- Slowly lift forward one leg off the ground and stabilise your body on the stance (supporting) leg, without sideways tilting or swaying in your upper body and try not to move the stance foot.
- Maintain your balance while standing on one leg for 5-10 seconds.
- Return to the starting position and repeat. Try to increase the time spent standing on one leg.
- Perform with the opposite leg.
- Perform 3 sets of 10-14 repeats each (i.e. 5-7 for each leg per set)
You can also use a chair or a wall to maintain your balance while performing the exercise.
Works: Abs. Back
The cobra pose is a yoga exercise that increases the flexibility of the spine and strengthens the core. This exercise can help you improve your posture by also strengthening your back and shoulders.
- Starting position: lie face-down on an exercise mat (or floor), by stretching your legs back, tops of the feet on the floor. Spread your hands on the floor under your shoulders and hug the elbows back into your body.
- Press the tops of the feet and thighs and the pubis firmly into the floor.
- On an inhalation, begin to straighten the arms to lift the chest off the floor. Press the tailbone toward the pubis and lift the pubis toward the navel. Narrow the hip points.
- Firm the shoulder blades against the back, puffing the side ribs forward. Lift through the top of the sternum but avoid pushing the front ribs forward, which only hardens the lower back.
- Hold the pose anywhere from 15 to 30 seconds, breathing easily. Release back to the floor with an exhalation.
- Perform 3 sets of 15-30 seconds each
Remember to perform all the steps of each exercise correctly and do not compromise good form. Also, don’t forget to apply Biofreeze after the exercises and in the following days if you experience muscle stiffness or mild muscle aches.
Stay Strong with Biofreeze Cyprus at home!