3 Exercises to Easily Perform at Home – Part 2
We hope you enjoyed and found helpful our previous exercise blog article. Working out from home is not easy for everyone since some people might need an extra push and the right support. Biofreeze Cyprus is here to support you during these difficult times and remind you that exercising can also be beneficial for your psychological well-being.
Are you ready for another set of 3 easy-to-perform exercises at home?
Let’s Get started!
Works: Back, Chest
Even though the Cat-Cow is a yoga pose, generally it is an excellent pose to warm-up your body before getting into any physical activity. Also, it is important to combine your breath to movement in order to feel all the benefits of this exercise.
- Starting position: Kneel on an exercise mat (or floor), position your knees and feet hip-width apart, with your toes pointing towards your body. Position your arms under your shoulders at shoulder-width, with your hands facing forward.
- Upward-Cat Phase: On exhale contract your abdominal muscles, pushing your spine upwards. Hold this position for 10-15 seconds.
- Downward-Cow Phase: On inhale let your stomach fall towards the floor and allow your shoulder blades to fall together. Hold this position for 10-15 seconds.
Works: Abs, Butt/Hips, Legs – Calves and Shins, Legs – Thighs
Bodyweight Squats is one of the most important exercises that everyone should include in their work out routine, considering that it works several groups of muscles with just one exercise. With this exercise, you will be able to increase your mobility and strength, while improving your overall posture.
- Starting Position: Stand with your feet slighter wider than hip-width, with your toes turned slightly outwards. Pull in your lower abs and keep your eyes forward. You can extend your arms in front of you at 90° or keep them together slightly bent in front of your chest.
- Downward phase: Shift your hips backwards and slowly bend your knees while dropping your hips to lower your body. Keep your heels flat on the floor.
- Go as lower as you can and pause for a moment before getting back up
- Upward phase: Maintain your back, chest and head-up position, and extend the hips and knees by pushing your feet into the floor through your heels. The hips and torso need to rise together while keeping the heels flat on the floor. Continue extending until you reach your starting position.
- Perform 3 sets of 10-13 repeats
*During the exercise make sure that your knees are not overpassing your toes and keep your spine straight.
Another fundamental exercise is the Crunch. This exercise is designed to tone and strengthen the core muscles of the body. It is also suitable for improving the posture and increasing the mobility and flexibility of the muscles.
- Starting Position: Lie on your back on an exercise mat (or floor) with your knees bent and your hands placed immediately behind the head or across the chest region.
- Upward Phase: Exhale while curling your torso towards your thighs. Keep your neck relaxed and your chin up.
- Downward Phase: Inhale and slowly lower your torso back towards the mat (or floor) by keeping your back flattened.
- Perform 3 sets of 10-13 repeats
Remember to perform all the steps of each exercise correctly and do not compromise good form. Also, don’t forget to apply Biofreeze after the exercises and in the following days if you experience muscle stiffness or mild muscle aches.
Stay tuned for more “Stay Strong with Biofreeze Cyprus at home” exercises!